• There is a lot of research that shows that an authoritative parenting style is most effective in raising children who are motivated, cooperative, confident, resilient, and many other positive qualities that contribute to building a healthy self-esteem.
• There are some simple (in theory) habits we can develop that help us raise children who thrive through their life and are prepared for adulthood.
• Positive parenting gives parents the confidence and skills to deal positively with challenging situations
Summary of how to be a positive parent:
• Build one habit at a time and celebrate small wins.
• Take time for yourself.
• Think about what values you want your children to develop and model behaviors consistent with those values.